OCOM Alumni Association members may request articles via the Loansome Doc service. By creating a Loansome Doc account, Alumni Association members with a valid OCOM library card can search for articles in Pubmed and request them from the OCOM Library. Members of OCOM's Alumni Association may request up to six articles per month at no charge (articles purchased directly from publishers generally cost $20-$35).
Please limit your requests to items that support your educational and scholarly needs. For recreational, non-scholarly needs, the Multnomah County Library is an excellent resource. In addition to having a vast collection of both electronic and print resources, they also have an Interlibrary Loan service that Portland residents can take advantage of.
If you are not an OCOM Alumni Association member, visit the OCOM Alumni site to learn more and to sign up for a membership.
In order to use the Loansome Doc service, you must:
- Be a current OCOM Alumni Association Member;
- Have an alumni library account and library barcode number
If you meet these requirements, you can sign up for a Loansome Doc account and start using the service once library staff has approved your account. Instructions on how to sign up and use the service can be found the Loansome Doc section below.
Director of Library Services
- Search for journal articles using Pubmed.
- Once you have found an article you would like to order, click on the "Send to" link in the upper right corner of the citation page, then select "Order."
- Log in to Loansome Doc.
- Proceed to delivery options.
- Make sure to read and check the Copyright Compliance policy.
- Confirm the details of your order and hit the submit button.
- Sit back and relax. The OCOM Library will send you your requested article once it is ready.