For Winter Term 2021, the Library will be open Monday – Friday from 8:30AM – 4PM.
In order to maintain social distancing and limit person-to-person contact, the library is currently limiting the number of people simultaneously using the library. During this time, the Library space is intended for individual quiet study and computer use; group study is not allowed. Students not adhering to library guidelines for safety (including wearing masks and practicing social distancing) will be asked to leave the library.
Library use is first come, first served, with a one hour limit on library use. Students will be provided with a study space (either an empty study carrel or a computer space) during this time; if there is no wait list, students may renew their time in the library for an additional hour.
Library users will be asked to adhere to the following guidelines while in the library:
- Masks are required at all times, and gloves should be used when handling Reference materials.
- Maintain a safe distance from others (at least 6 feet). Group study is not allowed in the library at this time, and students not adhering to library guidelines for safety will be asked to leave.
- Library use is for one hour. If no one is waiting when your time expires, you can renew your appointment by another hour.
What to expect when visiting the library:
- During open hours, the entryway will generally be propped open to limit the need to touch handles and to circulate air. There may be times when our library staff is working solo and are unable to actively staff the front desk; if the door is closed during open hours, ring the doorbell and someone will let you in.
- Upon entering the library, you will need to check in at the circulation desk. If someone else is currently being helped at the desk, please keep a distance of at least 6 feet from others until you are called forward.
- You will be provided with a specific study space for a one-hour period. If the library is at maximum capacity, people who want a study space can be added to the wait list, and library staff will message you once a space becomes available.
- Masks are required at all times. To this effect, food and drink are not allowed in the library.
For more detailed information about our services and procedures during the pandemic, please visit https://library.ocom.edu/covid-19/.