The library has re-opened!
If you need to print, you may use the computers in the library to print as normal. But we have now added the option for you to print from your own device through the wireless network.
Here are your options:
- Library Printing: Print from the library computers in the library as usual. When you hit the Print button, you will get a pop up window asking you to login. Use your library login: ask us if you don’t know what that is!
- Wireless Printing through an App: On your own device (phone, tablet, laptop, etc), make sure you are connected to OCOM General wireless network. Then go to PaperCut’s Mobility Print download page. This link will only work if you are connected to the OCOM General wireless network. At the top of the page, make sure it has the correct device identified. Download and install Mobility Print (detailed instructions are below). When you open the document you want to print, choose Mobility Print as your printer and send the document to Kyocera 2 (the printer in the hallway across from Room 310). Once you have the Mobility Print app installed, you will just need to be connected to OCOM General to print and you should automatically see the Kyocera 2 as an option.
For either option, you will need to know your library login! If you’ve forgotten how to login, check out our help page: https://library.ocom.edu/accessing-my-library-account/
Initial Setup on iOS (iPhone/iPad):
1. go to PaperCut’s Mobility Print download page. This link will only work if you are connected to the OCOM General wireless network.
2. Confirm that it is indicating the correct device (if you are on a Mac laptop it will say “Mac;” if you are on an iPad or iPhone, it should say “iPad or iPhone.” if not ,scroll to the bottom and choose the ios icon. Click Download and Allow.
3. Go to Settings from your Home window. Tap on “Profile Downloaded.”
4. You should see PaperCut Mobility Print. Tap on Install.
5. Now go to whatever you want to print. Click on the Share icon. Scroll down the list until you see Print. Tap on Print.
6. Choose Library-Mobile-Kyocera-2. choose how many copies and send to print. You will be asked to login with your library username and password. (don’t remember how to login? Help is here! )
Initial setup on Android:
- Make sure you are connected to OCOM’s General wireless network on your personal device.
- Go to Play Store and search for the app “Mobility Print.” Install it.
- Open the Mobility Print app once it’s installed. Make sure that the settings it indicates are turned on.
- Go to the document you want to print and choose Print from the three-dot menu.
- Under Select a Printer, choose Konica 2 (that’s the one in the hallway). Note that if you do not see the OCOM Printers, you may need to restart your phone.
- After you select the printer and confirm printing, it will ask you to login. Use your library login. (don’t remember how to login? Help is here! )